Warhammer 40k: Dies Irae

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Warhammer 40k: Dies Irae » Новый форум » Q

Q

Сообщений 1 страница 5 из 5

Q

Yeah, they may carry oxygen, but, as you might know, life-support isn't just the air you breath in. It is also tempreture regulation(because its cold out there in space), preassure(because otherwise it is bad for your internal organs and health in general) and artificial gravity(pilots' boots had mag-locks). You can point me out at the Rebels series(which I mostly liked) and here I can say that it was actually very lazy decision dictated by the plot. They needed main characters to somehow save Kanan from Tarkin's flagship and they needed to show what has happened to that stolen TIE. And how often do we see good guys flying a TIE-fighter?

Oh, the shields. How many times did we see that these shields don't last that long? Attack of the Clones, Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back... they do not last very long, so do not try to explain why they survived that long with anything else other than the plot armor. Star Wars fanboys love to boast about how powerful the turbolasers are, throwing around such crazy numbers as dosens of giga- and terratons worth of firepower... even though they rarely have any idea what it means. Allow me to deviate from our topic for a bit. I remember reading about Dooku's flagship ain Revenge of the Sith and there was a moment where I couldn't stop laughing - it was said that one shot of its point-defence guns equals 2,5 megatons or something like that, I don't remember the exact numbers. I calculated that it means that just one shot from its point-defence guns is ~122 times more powerful than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima. ~122 times, Carl! Point-defence guns are meant do defend a ship from missiles, other projectiles and enemy attack craft with volleys of weak shots - what are you planning to fight with point-defence like that? A squadron of Death Stars firing Space Godzillas? Such crazy numbers are just another example of what can happen when someone who doesn't know a thing about military or physics does something like that(akin to what we see in this comic). With a firepower similiar to that Vader's fleet would vaporise not only the Rebel base on Hoth, but the planet itself and no shield would help them. Yet that didn't happen so we can safely assume that its not the case and such numbers are born from a lack scientific knowledge and wet dreams of fanboys. Well, these were official numbers as it was an except from some sort of Galaxy Guide or something, it was some years ago(2013 if I'm not mistaken). And, if these numbers are official, we can also accept(not me actually) that these crazy numbers for ISD's turbolasers are also official. *wisper* Well, we can also remember that Han Solo said that  even the whole Imperial Fleet couldn't destroy a planet, that it would take a thousand ships with a power like he has never seen to acomplish that. True, Base Delta Zero isn't the destroction of a planet, but... still :) Um, back to the topic. We saw how easily The Decimator... err... decimated the other half of the Rebellion fleet in Rogue One and how fast they disabled Raddus' ship(even if it was already in combat). And here we have a full imperial battlegroup with an SSD leading it. Do you really think that shield would last long? The whole fleet would be oblitirated in moments. We can be certain that all these things I mentioned before wouldn't take a few minutes - at least half an hour. Yes, time can "flow differently" in storytelling, but everything has its limits and you can't use as an exuse. Besides, it is silly to think that all these Mon Calamari cruisers we saw in the comic are the only ones in the Galaxy - Vader could destroy them all, but there are many more out there.

Now, about the hangar and its security. Don't you think that such a ship should have more security? It IS Vader's flagship after all. I remember someone said to me that the Empire was so confident in Exutor's power that they couldn't posibly imagine some sort of sabotage, like it was with the Death Star. I find such an explaination rather lazy and chieldish, only someone who doesn't know anything about military protocol would say that. We all know that Star Wars ships have security cameras(Ep. III) and it is safe to assume that Executor had plenty of them. Even if you think that the Rebels might have diasbled them, that would only raise alarm across the ship, especoally in combat. Moving on, there were shoting on the ship and Vader was chasing them literally cutting his way through the ship. Don't you think that it would trigger some sort of alarm, like fire alarm? Fire is always dangerous, but on the ship or a space station it is even more so. Now, for the TIE. Imagine some random person jumping on a carrier and somehow taking off in one of the jets. Sounds dumb, crazy and improbable, right? The TIEs are mag-locked, don't think that anyone can just jump into it and say "I'm gonna take this baby for a ride".  What about flight control? There has to be a flight control not only on the bridge, but in the hangar too. Now you can say that they could somehow hack into the TIE to release its mag-locks or go after hangar's flights control. Again, that would also send an alarm - there are other personel nearby. By the way, why only two stormtroopers in the hangar? Where are maintance crews, officers, flight control yet again? Ok, let's say that somehow Leia took the TIE, what's next? If you played the TIE-Fighter game, you know that TIEs have at least some sort of IFF systems. A TIE makes an unouterised flyght, alarm goes to flight control and the bridge, rogue TIE doeasn't respond in any way, after that it is marked as a foe on IFF of all other TIEs and gun crews and shot down imediatly. The Empire would be afraid to shoot one of their own in this situation, besides - remember, they are "expendable". Given the fact there are at least several squadrons of TIEs out there, plus SDs... well, Leia woudn't fly too far, besides she may know how to fly, but she isn't a skilled pilot. It could also go a different way - the Empire could just cath that rogue TIE with a tractor beem.

And now the last part. You may not believe it but I actually do view this from a position of a writer. I study moviemaking at my university for five years now(directing, editing, shooting, acting, story writing and also drama), I have expirience in the industry and I also read and write a lot, plus I have a few fan stories in the works(some of the are Star Wars stories) and I'm also gathering money for my own movie. So, trust me, I see this from the position of a writer and I know cheap and lame story when I see one. They could make it a better story if only they decided to put more effort into or moved in somewhere else - set it on a planet, for example, where Imperial Fleet wouldn't have such supperiority and the Rebels could use streets or forests to their advantage. I still think that this story is a money grabbing garbage. Don't you call garbage a garbage when you see one, or is it considered a discrimination? I tried many times to be polite about bad content(not only in Star Wars) and most of the time I was met witch either an avalache of rude comments or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about while thinking that they are smarter than me. But I'm tired of being polite and I'm not the fan of "turning another cheek". I'm usually calm, but sometimes you just have to call things what they are.

You probably can't change my opinion and the way I express it. I've been silent about how I feel about Star Wars in the recent years for far too long. And I am sick of people saying "Fuck off, faggot, what do ya know?", "You're just not a fan of Star Wars!", "Don't like it - stay out of it" because I simply said that I didn't like the new movies except for Rogue One.

By saying "the likes of you" and "I happen to enjoy the franchise as I am indeed a Star Wars fan" you are implying that I am not a Star Wars fan. Allow to me ask, what right do you have to decide who is a fan and who isn't? Well, maybe I have that right too, right? Clearly, we have different views on what it means to be a fan. The way I see it - there are fanboys and fans. A fanboy will swallow anything a studio will throw at him without a second thought just because it has his favorite brand slaped on. A fan will watch, analyze, think and then decide if it is or isn't a part of his beloved franchise. I happen to be a fan of Star Wars since I first watched A New Hope on VHS when I was 4 years old, back in 1995. I remember how awestrok I was, I remember how I gathered all my friends and said "you've gotta see this!". I remember how we played in the courtyard with stiks as lightsabers, how we run around imitating dogfights between TIEs and X-Wings, I remember that. I am a fan of Star Wars. I may not have dosens of books about Thrawn and New Jedi Order on my shelf - I only have one, published back in 90s, the novelisation of the original script. I may not have gigabytes of photos from Star Wars events with creators and actors - I only have an autograph from Antony Daniels, which I got when he was here in Moscow. I may not have tons of costumes and action figurs - I only have two t-shorts, old and battered Pepsi Revenge of the Sith themed and Stormtrooper themed, which I bought on The Force Awakens premiere.

I remember how I gathered my mom, dad and my girlfriend and said that we have to go and watch the Force Awakens as a family on a big screen, as it is meant to be. As funny or strange as it might be, I never watched Star Wars in movie theatre, only on VHS or DVD. I remember how excited I was and though my girlfriend and my parents didn't share my passion for Star Wars, they were excited too. And then... dissapointment. We looked at each other and we all agreed that this wasn't Star Wars. It wasn't just us - nobody in the theatre liked the movie, I asked a lot of people there, so I know. There was even a guy who yelled "Put it back on!" when Kylo revealed his face to Rey - the whole croude respinded with laughter. And you know what, I'm surprised that anybody was shocked by Han's death. Any Star Wars fan knows how Harrison Ford hated that character and wanted to kill Han since Episode V. He believed that Han was one-dimentional and hated that everybody knows him as Han, not by his other roles. And you can safely bet your last money that one of the main conditions of him returning to that role was that he will be able to kill off Han, this time for good. And so I came there fully prepared that Han will die, I just didn't knew how and when. When I saw him calling out to Kylo I thought "Yep, here's where Han will die". Oh, and I remember that scene where they compare Starkiller base to Death Star I & II, I almost yelled "I knew it! I knew they gonna make this stupid scene!". Like "its not a droid station or another Death Star, see? Its much bigger. Its a threat on a whole new level. We're definetly not copying what was before us!".

I am still a fan of Star Wars and of George Lucas. You may find it surprising, but I actually loved the prequele trilogy. I have moments I'm conflicted about both in original and prequel trilogies, but I love them both. I remember how I watched Empire of Dreams about how the orinal Star Wars were made, how Lucas made his dream come true, how he fought for it and what he sacrifised for it. George Lucas may not be the best director, but he is one of the greatest creators of all time. His story, hiw he fought for his dream actually inspired me and orobably lead to where I am now. Star Wars not only influenced my life, it have changed the world. Even more - when Lucas was making Star Wars there was almost no such thing as CGI or something like that. Such things had a limited use in comercials, but Lucas needed something more. He gathered a team, from spare parts they assembled a computer in their garage and it was a start of ILM, the same ILM that gave amazing CGI in Terminator 2, Abyss, Jurassic Park and many other films. But that wasn't the end, when there wasn't something he needed he created it - a new system of editing and such studios like ILM, Skywalker sound, THX and Pixar, he created it.  One could se these studios in the end credist of great many films. We can safely say that the modern movie industry and the world itself wouldn't be the same without George Lucas and Star Wars. True, such technologies would be developed sooner or later, but Lucas was a pionier and who knows when we would get such technologies. I was amazed of how far Lucas decided to go in creating his story. He studied encient legends and myths, disected them to see the simmiliarities, build a skeloton of his story from it. He had paid so much attention to details, every small thing and a name had a meaning. I do not see such passion and dedication in last two episodes.

I am fan of Star Wars. I am a passionate fan of Star Wars and it pains me to see such disrespect for Star Wars legacy. Yes, Fox also treated Lucas and his creation like a moneymaking machine, but at least they allowed him to make his movies as he wanted. Yes, low quality content was poisoning Star Wars before Disney, but after they bought Lucasfilm such content started pouring like a waterfall. It is a shame that times like this have come. Like you I also don't like the change in Star Wars and its comunity, but the other change - low qulity content and how people swallow it without a blink. Such a sham Irvin Kershner is no longer with us - he gave us Empire strikes Back(the greatest movie in the whole franchise in my opinion) and he could probably be the only one who could bring us a true new era of Star Wars.

I did not plan on my response to be that long or that it would take so much of my time. I will not post any more replyes to you or anyone else - this conversation already took to much. I just felt that I needed to clarify a few things and that monolog was building up in me for a long time.

May the Force be with you. Always.
Test

Yeah, they may carry oxygen, but, as you might know, life-support isn't just the air you breath in. It is also temperature regulation(because its cold out there in space), pressure(because otherwise it is bad for your internal organs and health in general) and artificial gravity(pilots' boots had mag-locks). You can point me out at the Rebels series(which I mostly liked) and here I can say that it was actually very lazy decision dictated by the plot. They needed main characters to somehow save Kanan from Tarkin's flagship and they needed to show what has happened to that stolen TIE. And how often do we see good guys flying a TIE-fighter?

Oh, the shields. How many times did we see that these shields don't last that long? Attack of the Clones, Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back... they do not last very long, so do not try to explain why they survived that long with anything else other than the plot armor. Star Wars fanboys love to boast about how powerful the turbolasers are, throwing around such crazy numbers as dozens of giga- and teratons worth of firepower... even though they rarely have any idea what it means. Allow me to deviate from our topic for a bit. I remember reading about Dooku's flagship ain Revenge of the Sith and there was a moment where I couldn't stop laughing - it was said that one shot of its point-defence guns equals 2,5 megatons or something like that, I don't remember the exact numbers. I calculated that it means that just one shot from its point-defence guns is ~122 times more powerful than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima. ~122 times, Carl! Point-defence guns are meant do defend a ship from missiles, other projectiles and enemy attack craft with volleys of weak shots - what are you planning to fight with point-defence like that? A squadron of Death Stars firing Space Godzillas? Such crazy numbers are just another example of what can happen when someone who doesn't know a thing about military or physics does something like that(akin to what we see in this comic). With a firepower similar to that Vader's fleet would vaporise not only the Rebel base on Hoth, but the planet itself and no shield would help them. Yet that didn't happen so we can safely assume that its not the case and such numbers are born from a lack scientific knowledge and wet dreams of fanboys. Well, these were official numbers as it was an except from some sort of Galaxy Guide or something, it was some years ago(2013 if I'm not mistaken). And, if these numbers are official, we can also accept(not me actually) that these crazy numbers for ISD's turbolasers are also official. *whisper* Well, we can also remember that Han Solo said that  even the whole Imperial Fleet couldn't destroy a planet, that it would take a thousand ships with a power like he has never seen to accomplish that. True, Base Delta Zero isn't the destruction of a planet, but... still :) Um, back to the topic. We saw how easily The Decimator... err... decimated the other half of the Rebellion fleet in Rogue One and how fast they disabled Raddus' ship(even if it was already in combat). And here we have a full imperial battle group with an SSD leading it. Do you really think that shield would last long? The whole fleet would be obliterated in moments. We can be certain that all these things I mentioned before wouldn't take a few minutes - at least half an hour. Yes, time can "flow differently" in storytelling, but everything has its limits and you can't use as an excuse. Besides, it is silly to think that all these Mon Calamari cruisers we saw in the comic are the only ones in the Galaxy - Vader could destroy them all, but there are many more out there.

Now, about the hangar and its security. Don't you think that such a ship should have more security? It IS Vader's flagship after all. I remember someone said to me that the Empire was so confident in Executor's power that they couldn't possibly imagine some sort of sabotage, like it was with the Death Star. I find such an explanation rather lazy and childish, only someone who doesn't know anything about military protocol would say that. We all know that Star Wars ships have security cameras(Ep. III) and it is safe to assume that Executor had plenty of them. Even if you think that the Rebels might have disabled them, that would only raise alarm across the ship, especially in combat. Moving on, there were shooting on the ship and Vader was chasing them literally cutting his way through the ship. Don't you think that it would trigger some sort of alarm, like fire alarm? Fire is always dangerous, but on the ship or a space station it is even more so. Now, for the TIE. Imagine some random person jumping on a carrier and somehow taking off in one of the jets. Sounds dumb, crazy and improbable, right? The TIEs are mag-locked, don't think that anyone can just jump into it and say "I'm gonna take this baby for a ride".  What about flight control? There has to be a flight control not only on the bridge, but in the hangar too. Now you can say that they could somehow hack into the TIE to release its mag-locks or go after hangar's flights control. Again, that would also send an alarm - there are other personnel nearby. By the way, why only two stormtroopers in the hangar? Where are maintenance crews, officers, flight control yet again? Ok, let's say that somehow Leia took the TIE, what's next? If you played the TIE-Fighter game, you know that TIEs have at least some sort of IFF systems. A TIE makes an unauthorised flight, alarm goes to flight control and the bridge, rogue TIE doesn't respond in any way, after that it is marked as a foe on IFF of all other TIEs and gun crews and shot down immediately. The Empire would be afraid to shoot one of their own in this situation, besides - remember, they are "expendable". Given the fact there are at least several squadrons of TIEs out there, plus SDs... well, Leia wouldn't fly too far, besides she may know how to fly, but she isn't a skilled pilot. It could also go a different way - the Empire could just cath that rogue TIE with a tractor beam.

And now the last part. You may not believe it but I actually do view this from a position of a writer. I study moviemaking at my university for five years now(directing, editing, shooting, acting, story writing and also drama), I have experience in the industry and I also read and write a lot, plus I have a few fan stories in the works(some of the are Star Wars stories) and I'm also gathering money for my own movie. So, trust me, I see this from the position of a writer and I know cheap and lame story when I see one. They could make it a better story if only they decided to put more effort into or moved in somewhere else - set it on a planet, for example, where Imperial Fleet wouldn't have such superiority and the Rebels could use streets or forests to their advantage. I still think that this story is a money grabbing garbage. Don't you call garbage a garbage when you see one, or is it considered a discrimination? I tried many times to be polite about bad content(not only in Star Wars) and most of the time I was met with either an avalanche of rude comments or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about while thinking that they are smarter than me. But I'm tired of being polite and I'm not the fan of "turning another cheek". I'm usually calm, but sometimes you just have to call things what they are.

You probably can't change my opinion and the way I express it. I've been silent about how I feel about Star Wars in the recent years for far too long. And I am sick of people saying "Fuck off, faggot, what do ya know?", "You're just not a fan of Star Wars!", "Don't like it - stay out of it" because I simply said that I didn't like the new movies except for Rogue One.

By saying "the likes of you" and "I happen to enjoy the franchise as I am indeed a Star Wars fan" you are implying that I am not a Star Wars fan. Allow to me ask, what right do you have to decide who is a fan and who isn't? Well, maybe I have that right too, right? Clearly, we have different views on what it means to be a fan. The way I see it - there are fanboys and fans. A fanboy will swallow anything a studio will throw at him without a second thought just because it has his favorite brand slapped on. A fan will watch, analyze, think and then decide if it is or isn't a part of his beloved franchise. I happen to be a fan of Star Wars since I first watched A New Hope on VHS when I was 4 years old, back in 1995. I remember how awestruck I was, I remember how I gathered all my friends and said "you've gotta see this!". I remember how we played in the courtyard with sticks as lightsabers, how we run around imitating dogfights between TIEs and X-Wings, I remember that. I am a fan of Star Wars. I may not have dozens of books about Thrawn and New Jedi Order on my shelf - I only have one, published back in 90s, the novelisation of the original script. I may not have gigabytes of photos from Star Wars events with creators and actors - I only have an autograph from Antony Daniels, which I got when he was here in Moscow. I may not have tons of costumes and action figures - I only have two t-shorts, old and battered Pepsi Revenge of the Sith themed and Stormtrooper themed, which I bought on The Force Awakens premiere.

I remember how I gathered my mom, dad and my girlfriend and said that we have to go and watch the Force Awakens as a family on a big screen, as it is meant to be. As funny or strange as it might be, I never watched Star Wars in movie theatre, only on VHS or DVD. I remember how excited I was and though my girlfriend and my parents didn't share my passion for Star Wars, they were excited too. And then... disappointment. We looked at each other and we all agreed that this wasn't Star Wars. It wasn't just us - nobody in the theatre liked the movie, I asked a lot of people there, so I know. There was even a guy who yelled "Put it back on!" when Kylo revealed his face to Rey - the whole crowd responded with laughter. And you know what, I'm surprised that anybody was shocked by Han's death. Any Star Wars fan knows how Harrison Ford hated that character and wanted to kill Han since Episode V. He believed that Han was one-dimensional and hated that everybody knows him as Han, not by his other roles. And you can safely bet your last money that one of the main conditions of him returning to that role was that he will be able to kill off Han, this time for good. And so I came there fully prepared that Han will die, I just didn't knew how and when. When I saw him calling out to Kylo I thought "Yep, here's where Han will die". Oh, and I remember that scene where they compare Starkiller base to Death Star I & II, I almost yelled "I knew it! I knew they gonna make this stupid scene!". Like "its not a droid station or another Death Star, see? Its much bigger. Its a threat on a whole new level. We're definitely not copying what was before us!".

I am still a fan of Star Wars and of George Lucas. You may find it surprising, but I actually loved the prequel trilogy. I have moments I'm conflicted about both in original and prequel trilogies, but I love them both. I remember how I watched Empire of Dreams about how the original Star Wars were made, how Lucas made his dream come true, how he fought for it and what he sacrificed for it. George Lucas may not be the best director, but he is one of the greatest creators of all time. His story, how he fought for his dream actually inspired me and probably lead to where I am now. Star Wars not only influenced my life, it have changed the world. Even more - when Lucas was making Star Wars there was almost no such thing as CGI or something like that. Such things had a limited use in commercials, but Lucas needed something more. He gathered a team, from spare parts they assembled a computer in their garage and it was a start of ILM, the same ILM that gave amazing CGI in Terminator 2, Abyss, Jurassic Park and many other films. But that wasn't the end, when there wasn't something he needed he created it - a new system of editing and such studios like ILM, Skywalker sound, THX and Pixar, he created it.  One could se these studios in the end credits of great many films. We can safely say that the modern movie industry and the world itself wouldn't be the same without George Lucas and Star Wars. True, such technologies would be developed sooner or later, but Lucas was a pioneer and who knows when we would get such technologies. I was amazed of how far Lucas decided to go in creating his story. He studied ancient legends and myths, dissected them to see the similarities, build a skeleton of his story from it. He had paid so much attention to details, every small thing and a name had a meaning. I do not see such passion and dedication in last two episodes.

I am fan of Star Wars. I am a passionate fan of Star Wars and it pains me to see such disrespect for Star Wars legacy. Yes, Fox also treated Lucas and his creation like a moneymaking machine, but at least they allowed him to make his movies as he wanted. Yes, low quality content was poisoning Star Wars before Disney, but after they bought Lucasfilm such content started pouring like a waterfall. It is a shame that times like this have come. Like you I also don't like the change in Star Wars and its community, but the other change - low quality content and how people swallow it without a blink. Such a sham Irvin Kershner is no longer with us - he gave us Empire strikes Back(the greatest movie in the whole franchise in my opinion) and he could probably be the only one who could bring us a true new era of Star Wars.

I did not plan on my response to be that long or that it would take so much of my time. I will not post any more replies to you or anyone else - this conversation already took to much. I just felt that I needed to clarify a few things and that monologue was building up in me for a long time.

Exploded,

Yeah, they may carry oxygen, but, as you might know, life-support isn't just the air you breath in. It is also temperature regulation(because its cold out there in space), pressure(because otherwise it is bad for your internal organs and health in general) and artificial gravity(pilots' boots had mag-locks). You can point me out at the Rebels series(which I mostly liked) and here I can say that it was actually very lazy decision dictated by the plot. They needed main characters to somehow save Kanan from Tarkin's flagship and they needed to show what has happened to that stolen TIE. And how often do we see good guys flying a TIE-fighter?

Oh, the shields. How many times did we see that these shields don't last that long? Attack of the Clones, Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back... they do not last very long, so do not try to explain why they survived that long with anything else other than the plot armor. Star Wars fanboys love to boast about how powerful the turbolasers are, throwing around such crazy numbers as dozens of giga- and teratons worth of firepower... even though they rarely have any idea what it means. Allow me to deviate from our topic for a bit. I remember reading about Dooku's flagship ain Revenge of the Sith and there was a moment where I couldn't stop laughing - it was said that one shot of its point-defence guns equals 2,5 megatons or something like that, I don't remember the exact numbers. I calculated that it means that just one shot from its point-defence guns is ~122 times more powerful than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima. ~122 times, Carl! Point-defence guns are meant do defend a ship from missiles, other projectiles and enemy attack craft with volleys of weak shots - what are you planning to fight with point-defence like that? A squadron of Death Stars firing Space Godzillas? Such crazy numbers are just another example of what can happen when someone who doesn't know a thing about military or physics does something like that(akin to what we see in this comic). With a firepower similar to that Vader's fleet would vaporise not only the Rebel base on Hoth, but the planet itself and no shield would help them. Yet that didn't happen so we can safely assume that its not the case and such numbers are born from a lack scientific knowledge and wet dreams of fanboys. Well, these were official numbers as it was an except from some sort of Galaxy Guide or something, it was some years ago(2013 if I'm not mistaken). And, if these numbers are official, we can also accept(not me actually) that these crazy numbers for ISD's turbolasers are also official. *whisper* Well, we can also remember that Han Solo said that  even the whole Imperial Fleet couldn't destroy a planet, that it would take a thousand ships with a power like he has never seen to accomplish that. True, Base Delta Zero isn't the destruction of a planet, but... still :) Um, back to the topic. We saw how easily The Decimator... err... decimated the other half of the Rebellion fleet in Rogue One and how fast they disabled Raddus' ship(even if it was already in combat). And here we have a full imperial battle group with an SSD leading it. Do you really think that shield would last long? The whole fleet would be obliterated in moments. We can be certain that all these things I mentioned before wouldn't take a few minutes - at least half an hour. Yes, time can "flow differently" in storytelling, but everything has its limits and you can't use as an excuse. Besides, it is silly to think that all these Mon Calamari cruisers we saw in the comic are the only ones in the Galaxy - Vader could destroy them all, but there are many more out there.

Now, about the hangar and its security. Don't you think that such a ship should have more security? It IS Vader's flagship after all. I remember someone said to me that the Empire was so confident in Executor's power that they couldn't possibly imagine some sort of sabotage, like it was with the Death Star. I find such an explanation rather lazy and childish, only someone who doesn't know anything about military protocol would say that. We all know that Star Wars ships have security cameras(Ep. III) and it is safe to assume that Executor had plenty of them. Even if you think that the Rebels might have disabled them, that would only raise alarm across the ship, especially in combat. Moving on, there were shooting on the ship and Vader was chasing them literally cutting his way through the ship. Don't you think that it would trigger some sort of alarm, like fire alarm? Fire is always dangerous, but on the ship or a space station it is even more so. Now, for the TIE. Imagine some random person jumping on a carrier and somehow taking off in one of the jets. Sounds dumb, crazy and improbable, right? The TIEs are mag-locked, don't think that anyone can just jump into it and say "I'm gonna take this baby for a ride".  What about flight control? There has to be a flight control not only on the bridge, but in the hangar too. Now you can say that they could somehow hack into the TIE to release its mag-locks or go after hangar's flights control. Again, that would also send an alarm - there are other personnel nearby. By the way, why only two stormtroopers in the hangar? Where are maintenance crews, officers, flight control yet again? Ok, let's say that somehow Leia took the TIE, what's next? If you played the TIE-Fighter game, you know that TIEs have at least some sort of IFF systems. A TIE makes an unauthorised flight, alarm goes to flight control and the bridge, rogue TIE doesn't respond in any way, after that it is marked as a foe on IFF of all other TIEs and gun crews and shot down immediately. The Empire would be afraid to shoot one of their own in this situation, besides - remember, they are "expendable". Given the fact there are at least several squadrons of TIEs out there, plus SDs... well, Leia wouldn't fly too far, besides she may know how to fly, but she isn't a skilled pilot. It could also go a different way - the Empire could just cath that rogue TIE with a tractor beam.

And now the last part. You may not believe it but I actually do view this from a position of a writer. I study moviemaking at my university for five years now(directing, editing, shooting, acting, story writing and also drama), I have experience in the industry and I also read and write a lot, plus I have a few fan stories in the works(some of the are Star Wars stories) and I'm also gathering money for my own movie. So, trust me, I see this from the position of a writer and I know cheap and lame story when I see one. See? I'm not some "overweight fanboy who locked himself up in his basement", I heard it is a new trend to call that anyone who criticizes anything new in Star Wars. They could make it a better story if only they decided to put more effort into or moved in somewhere else - set it on a planet, for example, where Imperial Fleet wouldn't have such superiority and the Rebels could use streets or forests to their advantage. I still think that this story is a money grabbing garbage. Don't you call garbage a garbage when you see one, or is it considered a discrimination? I tried many times to be polite about bad content(not only in Star Wars) and most of the time I was met with either an avalanche of rude comments or someone who doesn't know what they are talking about while thinking that they are smarter than me. But I'm tired of being polite and I'm not the fan of "turning another cheek". I'm usually calm, but sometimes you just have to call things what they are.

By saying "the likes of you" and "I happen to enjoy the franchise as I am indeed a Star Wars fan" you are implying that I am not a Star Wars fan. Allow to me ask, what right do you have to decide who is a fan and who isn't? Well, maybe I have that right too, right? Clearly, we have different views on what it means to be a fan. The way I see it - there are fanboys and fans. A fanboy will swallow anything a studio will throw at him without a second thought just because it has his favorite brand slapped on. A fan will watch, analyze, think and then decide if it is or isn't a part of his beloved franchise. I happen to be a fan of Star Wars since I first watched A New Hope on VHS when I was 4 years old, back in 1995. I remember how awestruck I was, I remember how I gathered all my friends and said "you've gotta see this!". I remember how we played in the courtyard with sticks as lightsabers, how we run around imitating dogfights between TIEs and X-Wings, I remember that. I am a fan of Star Wars. I may not have dozens of books about Thrawn and New Jedi Order on my shelf - I only have one, published back in 90s, the novelisation of the original script. I may not have gigabytes of photos from Star Wars events with creators and actors - I only have an autograph from Antony Daniels, which I got when he was here in Moscow. I may not have tons of costumes and action figures - I only have two t-shorts, old and battered Pepsi Revenge of the Sith themed and Stormtrooper themed, which I bought on The Force Awakens premiere.

I remember how I gathered my mom, dad and my girlfriend and said that we have to go and watch the Force Awakens as a family on a big screen, as it is meant to be. As funny or strange as it might be, I never watched Star Wars in movie theatre, only on VHS or DVD. I remember how excited I was and though my girlfriend and my parents didn't share my passion for Star Wars, they were excited too. And then... disappointment. We looked at each other and we all agreed that this wasn't Star Wars. It wasn't just us - nobody in the theatre liked the movie, I asked a lot of people there, so I know. There was even a guy who yelled "Put it back on!" when Kylo revealed his face to Rey - the whole crowd responded with laughter. And you know what, I'm surprised that anybody was shocked by Han's death. Any Star Wars fan knows how Harrison Ford hated that character and wanted to kill Han since Episode V. He believed that Han was one-dimensional and hated that everybody knows him as Han, not by his other roles. And you can safely bet your last money that one of the main conditions of him returning to that role was that he will be able to kill off Han, this time for good. And so I came there fully prepared that Han will die, I just didn't knew how and when. When I saw him calling out to Kylo I thought "Yep, here's where Han will die". Oh, and I remember that scene where they compare Starkiller base to Death Star I & II, I almost yelled "I knew it! I knew they gonna make this stupid scene!". Like "its not a droid station or another Death Star, see? Its much bigger. Its a threat on a whole new level. We're definitely not copying what was before us!".

I am still a fan of Star Wars and of George Lucas. You may find it surprising, but I actually loved the prequel trilogy. I have moments I'm conflicted about both in original and prequel trilogies, but I love them both. I remember how I watched Empire of Dreams about how the original Star Wars were made, how Lucas made his dream come true, how he fought for it and what he sacrificed for it. George Lucas may not be the best director, but he is one of the greatest creators of all time. His story, how he fought for his dream actually inspired me and probably lead to where I am now. Star Wars not only influenced my life, it have changed the world. Even more - when Lucas was making Star Wars there was almost no such thing as CGI or something like that. Such things had a limited use in commercials, but Lucas needed something more. He gathered a team, from spare parts they assembled a computer in their garage and it was a start of ILM, the same ILM that gave amazing CGI in Terminator 2, Abyss, Jurassic Park and many other films. But that wasn't the end, when there wasn't something he needed he created it - a new system of editing and such studios like ILM, Skywalker sound, THX and Pixar, he created it.  One could se these studios in the end credits of great many films. We can safely say that the modern movie industry and the world itself wouldn't be the same without George Lucas and Star Wars. True, such technologies would be developed sooner or later, but Lucas was a pioneer and who knows when we would get such technologies. I was amazed of how far Lucas decided to go in creating his story. He studied ancient legends and myths, dissected them to see the similarities, build a skeleton of his story from it. He had paid so much attention to details, every small thing and a name had a meaning. I do not see such passion and dedication in last two episodes.

I am fan of Star Wars. I am a passionate fan of Star Wars and it pains me to see such disrespect for Star Wars legacy. Yes, Fox also treated Lucas and his creation like a moneymaking machine, but at least they allowed him to make his movies as he wanted. Yes, low quality content was poisoning Star Wars before Disney, but after they bought Lucasfilm such content started pouring like a waterfall. It is a shame that times like this have come. Like you I also don't like the change in Star Wars and its community, but the other change - low quality content and how people swallow it without a blink. Such a sham Irvin Kershner is no longer with us - he gave us Empire strikes Back(the greatest movie in the whole franchise in my opinion) and he could probably be the only one who could bring us a true new era of Star Wars.

I did not plan on my response to be that long or that it would take so much of my time. I will not post any more replies to you or anyone else - this conversation has already took to much. I just felt that I needed to clarify a few things and that monologue was building up in me for a long time.

Ульрих Беккер

Sw vs wh40k

- Careful... for all that is holy careful! - princeps. - I can feel Regalio's pain!
- Princeps - раздавшийся из воска встревоженный голос модерата сложно ножом резанул по уху принцепса.
- I'm fine, Legat - процедил принцепс сквозь сжатые зубы. - Focus on repairs!

Iano Vest - rebel commander. Female twilek or togruta.

- This is Blue leader, all fighters prepare for transition from hyperspace - Blue leader. - Exiting hyperspace in... three... two... one...
They re-emerge right infront of a huge starship.
- Evasive manuvers!
- They've been waiting for us!

- R3, transmit their coordinates to the fleet.

On Coruscant

After tge senate meeting Luke and Kyle meet up with Han, Leia and Chewie in the halls of senate building.
Tgey exchange a few words. Leia is shocked that Luke proposed to rebuild Jedi Order to the senate so soon. She is even more shocked that Luke have already began rebuilding it and the proposal was just a formality to him. She is worried of him and feels that something is wrong - he should be happy about the outcome, but he isn't. She asks him about this several times until he tells her tgat he felt something. Something strange and poweeful and it worries him.

Mon Mothma has allowed Luke free acess to tge ruins of Jedi Temple. True, he wisited it before many times, but this time he was free to take whatever he wanted from it. The sad part is tgat the Temole was picked clean years ago, probably not long after the Order was wiped out. There were still some old recording and insignificant pieces if artwork which the imperials - no, the Emperor - deemed of no importance. Some of what was left behind detiriorated after years of no maintanance.

Ульрих Беккер

Вы здесь » Warhammer 40k: Dies Irae » Новый форум » Q

Рейтинг форумов | Создать форум бесплатно © 2007–2017 «QuadroSystems» LLC